Monday, January 1, 2024

PicKleTEL pickleball parodies VOLUME 2






If you are here you may have seen the short version video of PicKleTEL Volume 2 going around somewhere.

Here is the longer version to give you more of a taste of the tunes and following in the posts on my blog (just scroll back a few posts), you will find the full versions posted:





Ever since I started making pickleball parody REELs and short videos I've envisioned the K-Tel format  as a teaser video. It's how I grew up listening to music and I vividly recall watching the K-Tel commercials. My allowance money was just enough to buy a K-Tel album from the swap meet every once in a while.  I guess the nostalgia never left me and I still get the feels over it. Volume 1 was a pile of fun and I've just gotten deeper into pickleball and made more REELs since so here we are with Volume 2. I don't see an end. 

If I had more skill and videography skills and more than an iphone I'd do a better job of it all but I think  I get the point across so  I'm sticking with my role as creator.  Make the rough drafts up and share them out.  When things need a polish there is a time and place and people who love to do all that. 


Artists parodied in this video are as follows: 

Straight Down the Line:   Inspired by Neil Diamond's: Sweet Caroline

Pickleball Stars:  Inspired by Nickleback's: Rockstar

I Dinked the ball:   Inspired by Katy Perry's: I kissed a Girl 

Don't need your Advice:  Inspired by Almost Paradise made famous by Mike Reno and Ann Wilson

Aced it!~   Inspired by Miley Cyrus Jaded

Pickleball      Inspired by John Cougar Mellencamp's small town

Pickleballin:  Inspired by The Beach Boys   Surfin Safari! 



MY GRATITUDE  For all the great pros and friends who participate with me. Each are credited on their videos. :)  Also a final mega shout out to Lee Whitwell @LadyGibraltar on Instagram my pickleball parody pal! 
  PS the latest..... 





See ya soon pickleballers!

No comments: