Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Pickleball Party, sing-along to pickleball parodies~!



My whole mission from the get go was to get people singing along together. It always has been. Even when I was in a touring band I would hold the microphone out to the audience to hear them sing. It's my favorite part of being a musician, hearing you. 


Me onstage  as Agnetha in Arrival Canada's tribute to Abba....and the awesome singers who helped....



These last few months my brain has been filling with pickleball songs and images I need to create, but  instead of doing so I've been spending every blipping moment figuring out the Shopify  platform.

It felt like work. So I jumped ship. Well I jumped off the expensive superliner and onto little moterboat. I understand that boat much better and have no need to cross oceans anyhow so that ticket was just too expensive. 
 
The whole reason I started the Shopify is because my previous  ARTist shops were not related solely to me and so when I sent customers to my store they could easily get lost on the site (since it could direct  them to other artists). That's tough when you spend a lot of time catching peoples attention. 
So I thought if I controlled the store, then at least I wouldn't lose people. 
What I didn't anticipate was the enormous cost of involving a platform such as Shopify as well as all the other pieces of the puzzle which  eat up every penny you might make. 

If a shop owner gets lucky and needs a web developers help to deal with expanding, well  you now have to pay what feels like lawyers hourly rates to get things done, and finding someone you trust to do that in a faceless internet world, is not easy. 


So just as I was about to start ramping up advertising I pushed the big red button instead of the green one. 

You see as all this was happening the ARTist platforms began streamlining so that ARTists wouldn't lose their customers so easily, they gave us a shop, not just a spot in their shop. Smart. 

SO, my problem was, I was ahead of the curve and started solving my problem a just a bit too early. It took the larger platforms a bit of time to reach my needs. 
And I realized, since  they do now, just as I was getting more and more bills to my store, my old platform was offering to do it, right. SO I thought, why am I not making use of it? And so I dove into this place ARTIST SHOP



The result is I have time to do more of the things I love, including taking my Pickleball Parody songs out on the road. This Christmas season for any pickleball event I went to I brought my little guitar and a handful of parody lyric sheets. (Taken from my Pickleball Sing - Along book). and PS I realize I need to make a Sing Along book 2 because I have a whole paddle bag full of NEW tunes that are not in book one, so stand by for those..... but I digress....... on with the show.....


A few of these people had seen my videos but not even close to all of them....so this was the first time that MOST of these people had seen or heard any  of my songs. But with my handy lyric sheets, it was easy to get them singing.........so easy.........


 

How much fun will this be for any pickleball event?  Pickleball dinner, tournament, festival or getaway? 

I'm your Pickleball Parody girl, let me know if you would like to know how I can help you do this! :) 


Rachael! 

No comments: