Thursday, January 1, 2009

the irony of Christmas

The thing about Christmas, is this, I, like plenty of other Moms, went to a bit of trouble to get exactly what my young children were wishing for this year.


Just imagine this please, it is only a few days after Christmas, I have invited a little school friend of my son's, to come for a sleepover.
I have been watching them playing and I feel as if I have been somewhat duped over the importance of presents at Christmas. They don't care about the toys. I would like to share with you, what the most popular play item, so far this year is.



scroll down for pics......































keep going....







this may or may not surprise you......





































you'll see what I mean in a second.....



















I promise........................................














































They easily spent a full 45 minutes creating costumes out of plastic grocery bags. I was just wondering by the way, is this considered recycling at all? Because I could always use some extra recycling karma.

:)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Tres Chic!
Stopping by and leaving you the new link to my blog. i am a doofus and went and changed it lol.

rachael chatoor said...

Thanks Michelle I will update my blog list!

If nothing else my kids are very fashion forward. ;)

Michelle said...

I am so glad you found it! I have so few readers and then I had to go and lose them all!!
I think in that photo we were playing singstar. I am so in love with that game. Nothing quite like drunken singing!